What Personal Information does Inter-Varsity Press collect about you?
The types of information we gather include:
• Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our provision of resources and communicating with you.
• Automatic collection of information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we may use "cookies," as a way of temporarily storing your shopping basket contents while you shop. We also collect information on the type of browser and computer you use for statistical purposes, but this information is never linked to your personal details.
What are cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and keep records of your shopping choices and previous visits.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not share any information we collect about you. We share customer information only with our agents such as our distributors and associated businesses (see below).
Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, delivering packages and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
• reasonably necessary to comply with the law
• to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
• to protect our rights and those of our users
How secure is my personal information?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We do not reveal any of the digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We download your order via encryption software for the purposes of processing and charging the order to your credit/debit card, and we store the order details securely in paper form in accordance with accountancy rules.
• We retain your credit/debit card details in encrypted form on our server for a limited period and then delete them. These details (card number and expiry date) are stored in a secured database.
• You should protect against unauthorised access to your own computer. It is important to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Can I access any personal information you hold on me?
We give you access to your past order details for the limited purpose of viewing. This may change as our web site evolves.
What options do I have?
As discussed above, you can always opt not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
• You can add or update certain information such as your name, address and other contact details.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact email@example.com
Terms and Conditions, notices and revisions